Coenzyme Q10 with tocotrienol is a popular energizing supplement. Co Q10 plays a key role in converting the food you eat into the energy that can fuel various bodily functions.
CoQ10 is one of the most popular supplements for men and women over 40 because the body's natural ability to produce CoQ10 declines with age. Moreover, Co Q10 has antioxidant properties; as a result, this supplement may work to defend your cells from free radical damage.
Tocotrienols are members of a subgroup of the vitamin E family, which includes tocopherols. Both tocotrienols and tocopherols are antioxidants, but only tocotrienols have been shown to reduce cholesterol, inhibit certain cancers and manage diabetes. Since vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant, it might be able to protect cell membranes (which are made from fat). Cell membranes allow nutrients to enter your cells while working to keep toxins out.
Tocotrienols have cholesterol-lowering, anti-thrombotic, anti-mutagenic and antioxidant effects.
The result is a sophisticated supplement and synergistic combination that is particularly effective and biochemically ingenious. It is a product for anyone who has suffered a cardiovascular problem or who is at higher risk and therefore needs increased protection.Indications:
â Supports cardiovascular system
â Useful as an antioxidantAbout Product:TOCOTRIENOLS:
Tocotrienols are members of the vitamin E family and have potent antioxidant property. Tocotrienols have shown superior action in maintaining arterial health. It may provide superior support in maintaining triglyceride levels already within healthy range in aging individuals and that is why, it also have anti-atherogenic, antithrombotic, anticoagulant, neuroprotective, antiviral, immunomodulatory, cell membrane-stabilizing and antiproliferative actions. It is a great scavenger of free radicals. Anti-atherogenic activity involves the inhibition of the oxidation of LDL and the accumulation of oxLDL in the arterial wall. It also appears to reduce oxLDL-induced apoptosis in human endothelial cells. Its antithrombotic and anticoagulant activities involves the downregulation of the expression of intracellular cell adhesion molecule(ICAM)-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule(VCAM)-1 which lowers the adhesion of blood components to the endothelium. 50 to 80 percent of tocotrienol is absorbed from GIT, after absorption it is bound to beta lipoproteins in blood. It is metabolised in liver.COENZYME Q10:
It is a coenzyme that is ubiquitous. A study shows that coenzyme Q10 improves symptoms, and reduces major adverse cardiovascular events.It is a component of the electron transport chain and participates in aerobic cellular respiration, which generates energy in the form of ATP.The capacity of this molecule to act as a 2 electron carrier (moving between the quinone and quinol form) and 1 electron carrier (moving between the semiquinone and one of these other forms) is central to its role in the electron transport chain, and as a radical-scavenging antioxidant. It is also proven to be useful in heart disease, huntington's disease, male infertility, migraine headaches, statins myopathy, cancer, parkinson's disease. Absorption process in the human body involves secretion into the small intestines of pancreatic enzymes and bile, which facilitates emulsification and micelle formation required for absorption of lipophilic substances. Food intake stimulates bodily biliary excretion of bile acids and greatly enhances absorption of CoQ10. It appears that CoQ10 is metabolised in all tissues, while a major route for its elimination is biliary and fecal excretion.Contraindications:
Although there is no serious contraindication of the supplement but in some cases:
Warning and Precautions:
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation.
- Coenzyme Q10 may affect blood sugar levels
- Coenzyme Q10 may increase the risk of bleeding and may cause low BP
- Use cautiously in high doses in people with liver problems
- Use cautiously in people who are taking warfarin.
- Use cautiously in people who have skin disorders.
- Use cautiously in people who have headache or migraines
- Dividing the total daily dose by taking smaller amounts two or three times a day instead of a large amount all at once can help reduce side effects.
- Stop using coenzyme Q10 at least two weeks before a scheduled surgery
Pregnancy and Lactation:
- Coenzyme Q10 may interact with acetylsalicylic acid, agents that may affect the immune system, agents that may affect the nervous system, agents that may enhance exercise performance, cholesterol-lowering agents, heart agents, timolol, and weight loss agents
- Tocotrienol may interact with bile acid-binding resins (e.g. cholestyramine, colestipol), iron supplements and mineral oil
- If one is also taking , separation of the time between and this health supplement doses by at least 2 hours has to be done
During pregnancy and lactation, this supplement should be used only when clearly needed.